WELCOME TO PEARL RIVER LITTLE LEAGUE
PEARL RIVER LITTLE LEAGUE is based in Pearl River (Rockland County), New York, and is a member league of New York District 18 of Little League, Inc. PRLL features baseball and softball programs for boys and girls age 4 to 12 (with senior leagues to age 16 if sufficient demand). PRLL was founded in 1953 and was incorporated and began play in 1954.
CLICK BELOW TO GO TO REGISTRATION (OPEN AS OF JANUARY 12, 2021)
Registration Instructions – We have moved to a new system! Everyone will need to create a new account on the platform! Here’s how to register:
- Visit clubs.bluesombrero.com/pearlriverll
- Click “Register” and follow the directions to create your parent account
- Once your parent account is created, go to your account and add all your children who will be playing this season
- When you have added your participants, the programs available to them will be shown based on their gender and birthdate. Select the suggested program(s) and proceed with additional questions.
- You will be asked if you child is interested in playing up a division. There are very limited (if any) opportunities for this depending on registration numbers for team formation. Exception: We do hold evaluations for Major boys. Any boy (not LL age 12) interested in playing in Majors should indicate "play up" and must attend an evaluation. These were held in Fall 2020, but if you could not attend please just let us know.
- You can SKIP proof of residency questions – but PRLL participants must reside in the PR school district OR attend school in Pearl River (ie: Saint Margaret students).
- There are 2 questions included in the registration process about parent history in LL and one about other organizations that your child may or may not be involved in. These questions are Little League International survey questions (not Pearl River Little League) and are OPTIONAL.
- As you register your child(ren) you will be presented with the option to volunteer to coach/manage a team:
- Volunteering does not guarantee your selection. Selection will depend on the number of registered participants and the number of volunteers.
- All coach/manage volunteers must answer background questions and upload a picture of your driver’s license as required by Little League International.
- There is a blank field under coaching where you can provide us any additional details about your interests related to coaching
- If you have any questions about managing or coaching feel free to contact Baseball@prll.org or email@example.com
- Fees – Please pay in full via credit card during registration.
- Every family will pay one $50 kitchen/Hopper bond. You will be asked during registration if your family would like to be scheduled to work one shift in our snack bar (The Hopper) during the season. If you work a shift in the Hopper you will be refunded your $50 bond. (Worker must be age 18+) If you DO NOT select to volunteer to work a shift in the Hopper you will forfeit your $50 bond.
- Every family will pay one $25 field bond. If at least one adult comes out to assist with field clean-up you will be refunded your bond.
- Our fees per registered player are as follows. We apply a $75 discount for each additional child. Please register all your children together to ensure the appropriate discount is applied!.
If you have made it to this point (thank you!) - you are ready to register! click here:
If your registration is successful you will see a confirmation window at the end and receive an email confirming your registration.
If you run into issues or have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing you at the fields!
JAN. 15, 2021: NEW WEBSITE TRANSITION ALMOST COMPLETE
January 15, 2021: Our new website is in use for registration (see above) and information purposes. The final step will be the transfer of our domain name, www.PRLL.org. We will have that domain address pointing to our new website as soon as possible, hopefully in the next week or so. In the meantime, you can reach the new website by going to clubs.bluesombrero.com/pearlriverll .
IMPORTANT - 2020 SEASON CANCELLED
June 19, 2020
Dear PRLL Families,
Despite the best efforts of our Board, we have been unable to come up with a workable solution to the myriad safety concerns and mandates from Little League Baseball and various levels of government. Therefore, we are announcing the cancellation of the 2020 Pearl River Little League season.
Throughout this process, our primary goal was the safety of all the children and spectators attending games at Anderson Field. Unfortunately, we were unable to alleviate important concerns in order to provide a safe atmosphere and create an enjoyable experience for our players. These concerns combined with the knowledge that the majority of other sports and camps in Pearl River were canceled led us to this decision that we worked so hard to avoid.
Our secondary goal has been transparency with our families. We sought your opinions and input in the decision process, and have appreciated your response. We have also tried to clearly communicate about costs and our refund policy. PRLL is the only sports league that we know of that will be providing a cash refund and we will endeavor to process these refunds as quickly as possible. As previously discussed, we have worked to provide the maximum refund to our families with only a small portion of our fixed costs deducted. PRLL is absorbing thousands in costs in order to accomplish this goal.
PRLL will provide a cash refund of all registration fees minus $25 per player to cover some of the larger outside fixed costs. This refund will be mailed to all PRLL members as soon as we can process the paperwork.
To our graduating players, we apologize for not being able to provide you with your final season, and to our returning players, we look forward to seeing you in the Spring of 2021 for a great season of baseball and softball.
Have a safe and healthy summer.
PRLL Board of Directors
CURRENT STATUS 5/8/2020
As you know, PRLL is governed by Little League Baseball Inc. based in Williamsport, PA, which has been working with the respective state authorities throughout the the country during this pandemic shutdown period. We are currently in a holding pattern waiting for instructions from them. LLB Inc. has cancelled its summer LL World Series Tournament, but the determination of the status of the various state leagues has not yet been determined. LLB's current moratorium extends into mid-May. Please watch this site for further updates.
STAY SAFE! SEE YOU SOON!
CONTACTS: (Direct your inquiry to the appropriate e-mail address:)